Iron Mountain Inc (IRM): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner
Iron Mountain (IRM) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Iron Mountain rose 34 cents (1.1%) to $31.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Iron Mountain exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31-$31.42 after having opened the day at $31.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.92. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: DigitalGlobe (DGI), up 21.6%, PDF Solutions (PDFS), up 18.3%, Mitek Systems (MITK), up 10.7%, and Boingo Wireless (WIFI), up 9%. Iron Mountain Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, provides information management services primarily in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. Iron Mountain has a market cap of $5.32 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.5, above the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 15.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Iron Mountain a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Iron Mountain as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Iron Mountain Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV