Thor Industries (THO) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Thor Industries rose 45 cents (1.5%) to $29.71 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 790,117 shares of Thor Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 436,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.95-$29.73 after having opened the day at $29.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.26. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Enova Systems (ENA), up 8.9%, Supreme Industries (STS), up 2.6%, and Amerigon (ARGN), up 1.6%. Thor Industries, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of various recreation vehicles, and small and mid-size buses, as well as related parts and accessories in the United States and Canada. Thor Industries has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Thor Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Thor Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Thor Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about THO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV