The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Trefis) -- Last year, Wynn Resorts (WYNN) saw overall revenues increase approximately 26% which was primarily driven by impressive performance in Macau. Wynn competes directly with Las Vegas Sands (LVS), MGM Resorts International (MGM), SJM, Galaxy and Harrah's among others.
This quarter, we are watching Wynn's performance in Las Vegas which has started showing signs of a recovery. In Q4 2011, revenues from Las Vegas operations witnessed an increase of 7.2% vis-a-vis Q4 2010. We are also optimistic about VIP table games turnover, we expect it to show impressive growth due to the potential size of the Macau gaming market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV