Interestingly, this announcement arrived after an extensive study in which Cisco projected that global
Cisco sees the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the world's population by the end of this year, while the average mobile connection speed will surpass 1 Mbps in 2014. These are pretty remarkable statistics when one considers the challenges presented today from the likes of Verizon (VZ) and AT&T (T) in terms of data restrictions.
But the more remarkable revelation is the idea that not only will mobile devices exceed 50% of all mobile data traffic, but Cisco projects that by the end of this year, the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the number of people on earth while mobile network connection speeds will increase 9-fold by 2016.
So clearly, evidence suggests that Cisco gets it. But remarkably, Wall Street does not -- at least not to the extent where investors understand that Cisco will likely grow commensurate to this explosion in demand for bandwidth, some of which will be sparked by its acquisition of NDS.Unlike its rivals Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) and Dell (DELL), Cisco understands the future of data mobility. In fact, I will argue that it understands it appreciably better than both Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG). The fact of the matter is, although Apple is growing by leaps and bounds while successfully mitigating concerns of saturation by its recent Chinese expansion, all of this only supports Cisco's recent study of increase demand as it projected that by 2016, China will exceed 10% of the global mobile data traffic. On that note, as
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV