Aon: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P 500 was down more than 15 points, or about 1.1%, to 1,376.20.
Shares of Aon fell 5.04% to $48.76. The insurance company reported first-quarter earnings Friday of $238 million, or 71 cents a share, compared to $246 million, or 71 cents a share, a year earlier.
Adjusted earnings fell to 98 cents a share from 99 cents; analysts were expecting earnings of $1.06 a share.Aon trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 9.95 times; the average for insurance brokerages is 11.85. For comparison, Willis Group (WSH) has a forward P/E of 11.69. Twelve of the 20 analysts who cover Aon rated it buy. Seven analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has risen 4.17% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV