Micron Technology: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was falling a little more than 14 points, or about 1%, to 1,377.53.
Shares of Micron rose 4.95% to $6.79. The semiconductor company looks like it will win the bid for Japanese chipmaker company Elpida Memory, according to Reuters.
Micron trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 10.15 times; the average for semiconductor companies is 20.84. For comparison, Analog Devices (ADI) has a higher forward P/E of 13.94.Twenty-one of the 29 analysts who cover Micron Technology rated it buy. Seven analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has risen 8.11% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV