Body Central Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (BODY)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Body Central (Nasdaq:BODY) were gapping down Friday morning with an open price 40.2% lower than Thursday's closing price. The stock closed at $28.92 Thursday and opened today's trading at $17.28. The average volume for Body Central has been 192,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Body Central has a market cap of $478 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 15.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Body Central Corp. operates as a specialty retailer of young women's apparel and accessories in the south, mid-Atlantic, and midwest regions of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.3, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Body Central as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. You can view the full Body Central Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV