Bestselling Business Author Dan Pink To Speak In Raleigh
RALEIGH, N.C., May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Dan Pink will share his thoughts on how to achieve success in an ever-changing, fast-paced global economy at North Ridge Country Club on Saturday, May 12.
Hosted by The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR), " Success in the Conceptual Age: An Evening with Dan Pink " will be based on Pink's bestseller, "A Whole New Mind." Pink will discuss how right-brain thinking in today's economy is essential to succeeding in the "Conceptual Age" -- both as it relates to parents seeking the best education for their children, as well as to business leaders who want to thrive in an evolving competitive landscape.
"The Montessori School of Raleigh is honored to bring Dan Pink to Raleigh," said Head of School Select Nancy Errichetti. "'A Whole New Mind' emphasizes the importance of preparing students to become the critical, creative and conceptual thinkers who will succeed in an increasingly integrated and technological world -- exactly the kind of thinking and preparation MSR provides through the Montessori method each day."
According to Pink, "We've progressed from a society of farmers to a society of factory workers to a society of knowledge workers. And now we're progressing yet again -- to a society of creators and empathizers, of pattern recognition and meaning makers. Individuals who can learn how to tap into the creativity, empathy, resourcefulness and big-picture thinking of their right-directed brains will rule the future."In addition to Pink's presentation, a Q&A and a book signing, the evening includes a cocktail reception, a plated dinner, a wine and dessert auction to benefit area teachers, and live music by local band Cafe Mars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV