Cities' Jobs Number Response: Congress Must Invest For The Long-Term
WASHINGTON, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following statement is from Ted Ellis, Mayor of Bluffton, Indiana and President of the National League of Cities, in response to the April 2012 jobs numbers:
"Today's jobs numbers showed signs of continued improvement, but we remain underwhelmed by the speed of the recovery. The unemployment number remains too high, especially when accounting for the underemployed and those who have abandoned their job search.
"Local leaders continue to support investments in infrastructure and human capital to create jobs now and to lay the foundation for future growth. But we can't do it alone. We need Congress to agree on a long-term transportation program and take action to invest in our nation's workforce.The National League of Cities is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. NLC is a resource and advocate for 19,000 cities, towns and villages, representing more than 218 million Americans. www.nlc.org www.citiesspeak.org www.twitter.com/leagueofcities SOURCE National League of Cities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV