NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Wall Street sold off Friday after investors learned that the U.S. added only 115,000 jobs last month, which stoked concern about the sluggish economy.
Investors also dialed back risk on signs of weak business activity in Europe and ahead of French and Greek elections this weekend.
The Dow lost 1.3% for the week, while the S&P 500 shed 2.2% and the Nasdaq finished down 3.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV