Dave & Buster's filed in November to return to the public eye after being taken private in 2006. During that time, management cut costs and streamlined operations. The chain is planning on opening three stores in 2012 and six in 2013. I had my son's birthday party in a Dave & Buster's recently and the place was packed.
The only thing that concerns me with this filing is that the accounting is difficult to understand. There are several columns with date variations and references to the predecessor and successor versions of the company. The company has had a recent history of net losses, most recently $7.3 million in 2011 and $350,000 in 2010. It may have name recognition, but it's the weakest performer of the soon-to-be-public eateries.
Del Frisco's is home to Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, Sullivan's Steakhouse and Del Frisco's Grille. It's a high-end restaurant concept, whose average check is $100. The Grille restaurants are smaller in size and more casual, while Sullivan's is a more contemporary version of the flagship Del Frisco's. It earned $201 million in 2011, representing a 21% growth in revenue and an 11% growth in sales. The chain plans to open three to five stores annually.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/wallandbroad.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV