EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME), a Fortune 500® leader in mechanical and electrical construction, energy infrastructure and facilities services for a diverse range of businesses, announced that its Customer Solutions Center was selected as the winner in the Supplier Excellence Award Category of the 2011 United States Postal Service Supplier Performance Awards Program. The Supplier Performance Awards Ceremony was held April 23, 2012 at the USPS Headquarters Building, in Washington, D.C.
EMCOR’s Customer Solutions Center has a 10-year contract with the United States Postal Service (USPS) that covers all of its locations---nearly 32,000.
EMCOR’s Customer Solutions Center was nominated by USPS professionals and received the award from the USPS for the supply chain management services it provided during 2011. Supply chain management services have been very successful in helping the USPS reduce costs and achieve its mission of providing effective and efficient mail service to the American public.
"EMCOR and its Customer Solutions Center are very honored and take immense pride in being recognized with this Supplier Excellence Award by the USPS,” stated Daniel Rodstrom, Executive Vice President, EMCOR Facilities Services. “We’re gratified for the confidence and satisfaction shown in our services and are committed to continuing and enhancing the quality of the work we provide. I particularly want to thank our many employees, whose dedication, skills, and abilities made this recognition possible."Criteria applied for award selection included:
- Extraordinary contract compliance--Exceptional quality and/or on-time delivery performance.
- Supply Chain Management Bottom-Line Benefits--Contributor to USPS Supply cost reduction, cost avoidance, revenue generation, or operational performance improvement effort success. This included dollar amount realized and percent in relation to the contract or opportunity.
- Innovation--Benefits derived, beyond contract requirements, taking advantage of supplier capabilities and knowledge.
- Supply Chain Integration--Business plans aligned with USPS including supplier involvement in improvement projects with USPS.
- Extraordinary Postal Employee or Public Safety special achievement or awareness demonstrated.
- Extraordinary Benefits towards helping USPS achieve Environmental goals.