- Total net revenues were $3.8 million, compared to $12.5 million for the first quarter of 2011. The 2011 quarter included $8.4 million of the amortization of the $34 million gain on the sale of the progesterone assets in July 2010 to Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Watson”); amortization concluded in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net product revenues were $3.1 million in the first quarter of 2012, compared to $3.5 million in the first quarter of 2011 due to the absence of sales of STRIANT, coupled with relatively flat sales to Merck Serono S.A. (“Merck Serono”) and Watson, in 2012.
- Net income was $5.0 million, including a $6.2 million positive non-cash adjustment, or $0.06 per basic and $(0.02) per diluted share.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments at March 31, 2012 were $22.7 million.
- Transferred the new drug application (“NDA”) for progesterone vaginal gel 8% for preterm birth to Watson, for which Watson received a Complete Response Letter (“CRL”) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”).
- Completed a 42% workforce reduction that will generate annual savings of $1.5 million.
- Engaged Cowen and Company as the Company's independent financial advisor to assist in evaluating potential strategic transactions.
Columbia Laboratories Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.