US Concrete Inc Stock Upgraded (USCR)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.07, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- U S CONCRETE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, U S CONCRETE INC swung to a loss, reporting -$1.12 versus $3.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.88 versus -$1.12).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market, U S CONCRETE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for U S CONCRETE INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.60% trails that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts