Before we begin, I am compelled to remind everyone that during the call management may make projections and other forward-looking statements regarding future events and the company's prospects or future performance. These forward-looking statements reflect Emergent's current perspective on existing trends and information.
Any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve potential risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in any forward-looking statements. You are encouraged to review Emergent's filings with the SEC on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K for more information on the risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ.
For the benefit of those who may be listening to replay, this call was held and recorded on May 3, 2012. Since then, Emergent may have made announcements related to topics discussed during today's call. So, again, please reference our most recent press releases and SEC files.
Emergent BioSolutions assumes no obligation to update the information in today's press release, or as presented on this call, except as may be required by applicable laws or regulations. Today's press release may be found on our website at www.emergentbiosolutions.com under Investors/Press Releases. And wWith that introduction, I would now like to turn the call over to Dan Abdun-Nabi, Emergent BioSolutions President and CEO. Dan?
Thank you, Bob. Good afternoon, everyone and thank you for joining our call today. For my prepared comments I will review our financial performance for the first quarter of 2012. Then I will address our 2012 forecast, including revenue expectations for the second quarter and finally, I will provide a brief business update.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV