Before we begin, I'd like to remind you that some of the statements made during this investor call may be forward-looking as defined within the meaning of the Safe Harbor Provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risk and uncertainty, which may cause the actual results to differ materially from forecast and projections.
Some of these factors are set forth in the news release issued yesterday. If you have not yet seen that news release, it is posted on our website at www.nu.com. Additional information about the various factors that may cause actual results to differ can be found in our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011. Additionally, our explanation of how and why we use certain non-GAAP measures is contained within our news release and in our most recent 10-K.
Now I will turn over the call to Tom.
Thomas J. MayThanks, Jeff, and thanks, everyone, for joining us this afternoon. Here I am, excited to be the new CEO of NU, 3 weeks on the job. And I can tell you, I'm more excited now that I thought I'd be. We really do have a great opportunity here. And hopefully, I can share some thoughts with you on why I am so excited about this. This merger between the 2 largest New England-based utilities ensures that 3.5 million electric and gas customers are going to be served by a company whose only roots are here in New England. And as many of you know, I'm a nut about customer service. It means the policymakers in Boston, Hartford, Concord only have to look in their backyards to find the management of the largest regulated utility. And it means that the 3.5 million customers that we serve won't have to look too far to see a Northeast Utilities employee, since you all live right here in New England.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV