Background: Oil and gasoline company Conoco originally went to market in October 1998, after its previous parent, DuPont, the chemicals giant, decided to spin it off. The IPO raised $4.4 billion.
Conoco merged with Phillips Petroleum in 2002. The larger energy corporation is called ConocoPhillips (COP).
Stock performance: Shares of ConocoPhillips are down 27.94% this year. The stock is down 1.32% at $52.47 Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV