So with that, I'll introduce my cohort here, Maria Shields, our CFO, who will go through our Safe Harbor Statement. So Maria?
Maria T. Shields
Okay. Thanks, Jim. Good morning, everyone. I'd just like to remind you that in addition to any risks and uncertainties that we highlight during the course of this call, important factors that may affect our future results are discussed at length in our public filings with the SEC, all of which are also available via our website. Additionally, the company's reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance as there are risks and uncertainties that could impact our business in the future. These statements are based upon our view of the business as of today and ANSYS undertakes no obligation to update any such information, unless we do so in a public forum. During the course of this call and in the prepared remarks, we'll be making reference to non-GAAP financial measures. A discussion of the various items that are excluded and a full reconciliation of GAAP to comparable non-GAAP financial measures are included in this morning's earnings release materials and the related Form 8-K.
So Jim, I'll turn it back over to you.James E. CashmanOkay, great. Thanks. So before we get started with the Q&A, I'd like to briefly underscore a few important highlights regarding our Q1 results and the continued commitment to delivering our 2012 outlook. So let me begin by saying Q1 was a solid quarter on many fronts. I guess from my perspective the most important aspect of the performance for Q1 was that despite some challenges, we continued an important multiyear trend for us to the company and the management team, and we delivered on those key commitments. So both revenue and earnings were in line with the range that we have guided on coming into the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV