BC-US--Business Features Digest, US
Eds: Sent Wednesday for use any time.
ON THE MONEY-STUDENT LOANS
NEW YORK â¿¿ Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree that interest rates on student loans shouldn't double in July. Especially if they're going to be blamed for it in an election year. The matter has become a political football in recent weeks, with both Democrats and Republicans maneuvering to cast responsibility on the other side in case Congress fails to pass legislation to prevent rates from doubling. Amid all the rhetoric, a look at what's really at stake. By Business Writer Candice Choi.
Eds: Sent Wednesday for use any time.DIGITAL LIFE-TECH TEST-ONLINE STORAGE NEW YORK â¿¿ Moving digital files between your work and home computers can be a pain. Add smartphones and tablet computers to the mix, and you've got yourself a giant headache. Google Inc. unveiled its solution to the problem last week, while two other companies, Dropbox Inc. and Microsoft Corp., improved their existing offerings. The services make using and sharing files from multiple locations easy, though they are no replacement yet for your regular storage drives. By Anick Jesdanun. Eds: Sent Wednesday for use any time. OF MUTUAL INTEREST-DISOWNING APPLE BOSTON â¿¿ Mutual fund managers are used to justifying why they invest in a particular stock. But the market impact of Apple Inc. is so great these days that some managers must explain why they don't own the powerhouse stock, or why they own relatively little of it. Shares of the world's most valuable company are up more than 40 percent this year, and the few large-growth funds that don't count Apple among their top holdings are underperforming. We'll interview two Apple-averse managers who explain why they're remaining holdouts. By Personal Finance Writer Mark Jewell. Eds: Will be sent Thursday for use any time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV