AES Eletropaulo Records Investments Of R$ 183.9 Million In 1Q12
SAO PAULO, May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de Sao Paulo S.A. (BM&FBovespa: ELPL3, ELPL4; ADRs negotiates at US OTC Market), announced today its results for 1Q12.
The total market in AES Eletropaulo's concession area grew by 0.2% in 1Q12 and came to 11,146 GWh. The 1.8% increase in the captive market in the quarter resulted from higher consumption by the commercial and residential classes, which increased by 2.5% and 2.7% respectively, offsetting the 7.2% drop in the industrial class. This class was affected by the slowdown in industrial activity in Brazil, which eventually led to a 6.6% drop in free customer consumption as well in 1Q12.
The Company invested R$ 183.9 million in 1Q12, a 10.8% rise compared to investments in 1Q11, which should provide improved operational indicators of the Company.
Conference Call / WebcastPRESENTATION: Britaldo Soares – Chief Executive OfficerMr. Rinaldo Pecchio – CFO and Investor Relations Officer DATE : Friday, May 4, 2012 TIME: 10:30 (BR) / 9:30 a.m. (EST) CONNECTION:
- Brazil: (+55 11) 4688-6361 USA: (1-888) 700-0802 Other countries: (1 786) 924-6977
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV