We continued our focus on cost and efficiencies as it is announced in the press release, we had some noise in the quarter with the activation of Jenkins, the ramp up of Puerto Rico and the transition of Lake Erie, but we also for the quarter had a announcement of the closure of two financially unproductive facilities totaling about 1,600 beds. And obviously this will affect the top line where it will be passed to the bottom line long term.
Later in the call, I will also comment on our work on the TRS or taxable REIT subsidiary structure and also our plan of action and I’ll turn the call over to Todd here in a minute. But before I do, I’d like to thank all of our fellow CCA colleagues for their achievements and efforts during the course of this year. And as always, I am eternally grateful for all of them.
So with that, I will turn the call over to Todd.
Todd J. MullengerThank you, Damon, and good morning, everyone. In the first quarter 2012, we generated $0.33 of adjusted EPS, which excludes the cost associated with our recent debt refinancing. Funds from operations or FFO totaled $0.82 per share, while adjusted funds from operations or AFFO totaled $0.69 per share.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV