Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Yahoo (YHOO) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Yahoo fell 27 cents (-1.7%) to $15.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10.7 million shares of Yahoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.32-$15.64 after having opened the day at $15.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.67. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Mitek Systems (MITK), down 56.2%, Novatel Wireless (NVTL), down 24.9%, ValueClick (VCLK), down 22.2%, and Callidus Software (CALD), down 21.3%. Yahoo! Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a digital media company that delivers personalized digital content and experiences through various devices worldwide. It offers online properties and services to users; and a range of marketing services to businesses. Yahoo has a market cap of $18.97 billion and is part of the internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.6, below the average internet industry P/E ratio of 17.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Yahoo a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 18 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Yahoo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV