Deere & Co (DE): Today's Featured Industrial Loser
Deere (DE) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Deere fell 94 cents (-1.1%) to $82.49 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Deere exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.17-$83.92 after having opened the day at $83.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.43. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Proto Labs (PRLB), down 22.1%, Skullcandy (SKUL), down 13.8%, Albany International Corporation (AIN), down 13.1%, and Wowjoint Holdings (BWOW), down 12.5%. Deere & Company provides products and services primarily for agriculture and forestry worldwide. Deere has a market cap of $33.49 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.4, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Deere a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Deere as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Deere Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV