Broadcom Corporation (BRCM) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Broadcom Corporation fell 90 cents (-2.4%) to $35.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, seven million shares of Broadcom Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.92-$37.25 after having opened the day at $36.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.89. Other company's within the Electronics industry that declined today were: AXT (AXTI), down 19.6%, Nortech Systems Incorporated (NSYS), down 13.8%, Atmel Corporation (ATML), down 13.3%, and Newport Corporation (NEWP), down 13.3%. Broadcom Corporation designs and develops semiconductors for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom Corporation has a market cap of $18.28 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.2, above the average electronics industry P/E ratio of 22.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 25 analysts that rate Broadcom Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Broadcom Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Broadcom Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BRCM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV