VF Corporation (VFC) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, VF Corporation fell $2.14 (-1.4%) to $153.57 on light volume. Throughout the day, 495,689 shares of VF Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 967,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $153.23-$155.75 after having opened the day at $155.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $155.71. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), down 47.8%, SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 18.8%, Fuel Systems Solutions (FSYS), down 18.5%, and Exceed Company (EDS), down 17.1%. V.F. Corporation designs and manufactures, or sources from independent contractors various apparel and footwear products primarily in the United States and Europe. VF Corporation has a market cap of $17.08 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.9, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate VF Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates VF Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full VF Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VFC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV