Boeing Co (BA): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Loser
Boeing (BA) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Boeing fell 43 cents (-0.6%) to $76.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Boeing exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $76.52-$77.33 after having opened the day at $77.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.26. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: Ducommun (DCO), down 7.1%, Aerosonic Corporation (AIM), down 5.5%, Sifco Industries (SIF), down 5.4%, and Astronics Corporation (ATRO), down 5.1%. The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and support of commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites, missile defense, human space flight, and launch systems and services worldwide. Boeing has a market cap of $57.86 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Boeing a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Boeing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Boeing Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV