Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ: AREX) today reported results for first quarter 2012. Highlights for first quarter 2012, compared to first quarter 2011, include:
- Total production increased 39% to 654 MBoe (7.2 MBoe/d), made up of 62% oil and NGLs
- Oil and NGL production increased 110% to 405 MBbls
- Revenues increased 52% to $30.6 million
- Net income totaled $1.7 million, or $0.05 per diluted share
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) increased 180% to $3.5 million, or $0.10 per diluted share
- EBITDAX (non-GAAP) increased 49% to $20.8 million, or $0.62 per diluted share
First quarter 2012 production totaled 654 MBoe (7.2 MBoe/d), compared to 469 MBoe (5.2 MBoe/d) produced in first quarter 2011, a 39% increase. Oil and NGL production for first quarter 2012 increased 110% to 405 MBbls, compared to 193 MBbls produced in first quarter 2011. Production for first quarter 2012 was 29% oil, 33% NGLs and 38% natural gas, compared to 19% oil, 22% NGLs and 59% natural gas in first quarter 2011.
First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Net income for first quarter 2012 was $1.7 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, on revenues of $30.6 million. This compares to net income for first quarter 2011 of $1.5 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, on revenues of $20.2 million. The $10.4 million increase in revenues in first quarter 2012 was attributable to an increase in production volumes and oil prices ($14.3 million), which was offset by a decrease in NGL and natural gas prices ($3.9 million). Net income for first quarter 2012 included an unrealized loss on commodity derivatives of $2.7 million and a realized loss on commodity derivatives of $484,000. Net income for first quarter 2012 was also impacted by higher expenses, including depreciation, depletion and amortization, general and administrative, lease operating and severance and production taxes, partially offset by lower exploration expense, compared to first quarter 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV