Dow Chemical Co (DOW): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
Dow Chemical (DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell 49 cents (-1.5%) to $32.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, eight million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.86-$33.48 after having opened the day at $33.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.35. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), down 17.9%, Gevo (GEVO), down 10.7%, Solazyme (SZYM), down 8.4%, and Intrepid Potash (IPI), down 7.7%. The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products used as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $40.38 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, equal to the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Dow Chemical a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dow Chemical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV