5. GSV Capital
Investors looking for a way to buy Facebook before it goes public can look no further than Woodside, Calif.-based GSV Capital (GSVC).
GSV Capital buys stakes in private companies that are in the development stage, like a venture capital fund. It acquires positions from the companies themselves and through secondary markets.GSV owns 225,000 shares of Facebook as well as stakes in Twitter, Groupon (GRPN) and Bloom Energy. Shares of GSV Capital have gained 30.68% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV