Social gaming company Zynga (ZNGA) is the closest way to invest in Facebook without owning the shares.
Facebook generates a significant portion of its revenue from Zynga (approximately 11% of 2011 revenue and 12% of first-quarter 2012 revenue), and is so important to Facebook that it was listed as a major risk factor in its S-1 filing. "If the use of Zynga games on our platform declines for these or other reasons, our financial results may be adversely affected," the S-1 said.San Francisco-based Zynga has been diversifying itself away from Facebook, launching its Zynga.com platform and there are rumors that the company is expanding into online gambling. Zynga recently bought Draw Something maker OMGPOP for $200 million to diversify beyond Facebook. Shares of Zynga have lost 11.37% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV