Fusion-IO (FIO) is best known for its solid-state-drives (SSD), and counts Facebook and Apple (AAPL) as its two largest customers. SSDs allows Facebook to have access to data at faster speeds with lower power and cooling costs.
The company recently reported third-quarter earnings that beat analysts' estimates, but shares slipped on gross margin concerns. Revenue rose 40% year-over-year to $94.2 million, earning 6 cents per share, excluding items.Former Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is the chief data scientist at Salt Lake City, Utah-based Fusion-IO. Shares of Fusion-IO have lost 9.4% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV