Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc (AAWW): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings rose $5.26 (11.2%) to $52.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 374,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.86-$53.12 after having opened the day at $51.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Globus Maritime (GLBS), up 5.4%, US Airways Group (LCC), up 4.4%, Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS), up 4%, and StealthGas (GASS), up 3.1%. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services in the United States and internationally. The company offers aircraft operating solutions, including aircraft, crew, maintenance, and insurance services. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings has a market cap of $1.23 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.8, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Atlas Air Worldwide Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV