Kohl's Corp (KSS): Today's Featured Services Winner
Kohl's (KSS) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Kohl's rose 56 cents (1.1%) to $51.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.8 million shares of Kohl's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.35-$51.70 after having opened the day at $50.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.69. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: InfoSonics Corporation (IFON), up 56.3%, Multimedia Games (MGAM), up 16.6%, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), up 13.5%, and Liquidity Service (LQDT), up 13.3%. Kohl's Corporation operates department stores in the United States. Its stores offer private, exclusive, and national branded apparel, footwear, and accessories for women, men, and children; soft home products, such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle-income customers. Kohl's has a market cap of $12.25 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.7, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Kohl's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kohl's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Kohl's Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV