Walt Disney (DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose 26 cents (0.6%) to $43.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, nine million shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.49-$44.13 after having opened the day at $43.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.54. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), up 13.5%, Insignia Systems (ISIG), up 12.6%, Beasley Broadcast Group (BBGI), up 10%, and NTN Buzztime (NTN), up 8.7%. The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. Walt Disney has a market cap of $78.49 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.6, equal to the average media industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DIS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV