Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
Alliant Techsystems (ATK) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Alliant Techsystems rose $1.05 (2%) to $54.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 387,620 shares of Alliant Techsystems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 349,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.89-$54.31 after having opened the day at $53.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.14. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Tower International (TOWR), up 14.2%, China Recycling Energy Corporation (CREG), up 8.4%, Circor International (CIR), up 8.4%, and Gafisa (GFA), up 7.8%. Alliant Techsystems Inc. engages in the supply of aerospace and defense products to the U.S. government, allied nations, and prime contractors. The company also supplies ammunition and related accessories to law enforcement agencies and commercial customers. Alliant Techsystems has a market cap of $1.75 billion and is part of the aerospace/defense industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.5, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Alliant Techsystems a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alliant Techsystems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Alliant Techsystems Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV