MicroStrategy Inc. (MSTR): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner
MicroStrategy (MSTR) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, MicroStrategy rose $14.20 (10%) to $156.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 657,090 shares of MicroStrategy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 197,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $147.76-$160 after having opened the day at $148.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $142.04. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Ellie Mae (ELLI), up 20.4%, Concur Technologies (CNQR), up 10.2%, Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution (KONE), up 9.5%, and MedAssets (MDAS), up 7.2%. MicroStrategy Incorporated provides enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), and mobile and social intelligence applications worldwide. The company offers MicroStrategy nine, an integrated BI platform that enables businesses to make business decisions. MicroStrategy has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 86.6, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate MicroStrategy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MicroStrategy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full MicroStrategy Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV