Titanium Metals Corporation (TIE) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, Titanium Metals Corporation rose 12 cents (0.8%) to $14.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Titanium Metals Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.65-$14.96 after having opened the day at $14.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.67. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Kingold Jewelry (KGJI), up 23.4%, Penn Virginia Corporation (PVA), up 11.2%, Cereplast (CERP), up 9.8%, and Pacific Booker Minerals (PBM), up 9%. Titanium Metals Corporation produces and sells titanium melted and mill products. Titanium Metals Corporation has a market cap of $2.59 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.1, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Titanium Metals Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Titanium Metals Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Titanium Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TIE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV