Limited Brands Inc. (LTD): Today's Featured Retail Winner
Limited Brands (LTD) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Limited Brands rose $1.27 (2.5%) to $51.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Limited Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.87-$51.84 after having opened the day at $50.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.43. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Liquidity Service (LQDT), up 13.3%, Whole Foods Market (WFM), up 7.6%, Rite Aid Corporation (RAD), up 4.9%, and Pharmerica Corporation (PMC), up 3%. Limited Brands, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of women's intimate and other apparel, beauty, and personal care products and accessories primarily in the United States and Canada. Limited Brands has a market cap of $14.57 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Limited Brands a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Limited Brands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Limited Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV