Armstrong World Industries (AWI) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Armstrong World Industries rose 69 cents (1.5%) to $45.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 540,448 shares of Armstrong World Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 363,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.73-$45.98 after having opened the day at $45.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.17. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Gafisa (GFA), up 7.8%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), up 6.2%, Quanta Services (PWR), up 3.8%, and MYR Group (MYRG), up 2.9%. Armstrong World Industries, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of flooring products and ceiling systems in the Americas, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Armstrong World Industries has a market cap of $2.64 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.7, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 22.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Armstrong World Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Armstrong World Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Armstrong World Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AWI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV