Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Molson Coors Brewing Company rose 35 cents (0.8%) to $42.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Molson Coors Brewing Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.13-$43.05 after having opened the day at $42.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.12. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Inventure Foods (SNAK), up 12.3%, SkyPeople Fruit Juice (SPU), up 7.1%, Rocky Mountain Chocolate (RMCF), up 5.3%, and Beam (BEAM), up 3.9%. Molson Coors Brewing Company manufactures and sells beer and other beverage products. Molson Coors Brewing Company has a market cap of $6.54 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.6, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Molson Coors Brewing Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Molson Coors Brewing Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Molson Coors Brewing Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TAP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV