Qiagen NV (QGEN): Today's Featured Diversified Services Winner
Qiagen (QGEN) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Qiagen rose 10 cents (0.6%) to $17.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Qiagen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.11-$17.31 after having opened the day at $17.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.12. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Zillow (Z), up 11.9%, Advisory Board Company (ABCO), up 5.5%, TMS International (TMS), up 5.2%, and Fly Leasing Ltd. ADR (FLY), up 4.8%. QIAGEN N.V., through its subsidiaries, provides sample and assay technologies worldwide. Qiagen has a market cap of $3.96 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.1, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 41 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Qiagen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Qiagen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Qiagen Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV