AptarGroup (ATR) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, AptarGroup rose 30 cents (0.6%) to $54.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 322,348 shares of AptarGroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 227,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.48-$55.39 after having opened the day at $54.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.53. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Inventure Foods (SNAK), up 12.3%, Cereplast (CERP), up 9.8%, Lifetime Brands (LCUT), up 7.1%, and SkyPeople Fruit Juice (SPU), up 7.1%. AptarGroup, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of consumer product dispensing systems in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. The company operates in three segments: Beauty + Home, Pharma, and Food + Beverage. AptarGroup has a market cap of $3.64 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.6, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 20.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate AptarGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AptarGroup as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full AptarGroup Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ATR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV