Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Inc. (SPR): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Winner
Spirit AeroSystems Holdings (SPR) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Spirit AeroSystems Holdings rose 42 cents (1.7%) to $25.72 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Spirit AeroSystems Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.66-$25.90 after having opened the day at $25.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.30. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Triumph Group (TGI), up 4.1%, Alliant Techsystems (ATK), up 2%, and Elbit Systems (ESLT), up 1.9%. Spirit AeroSystems Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, designs and manufactures commercial aerostructures worldwide. It operates in three segments: Fuselage Systems, Propulsion Systems, and Wing Systems. Spirit AeroSystems Holdings has a market cap of $2.95 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.7, equal to the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Spirit AeroSystems Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Spirit AeroSystems Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Spirit AeroSystems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV