TYSONS CORNER, Va., May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that it has received an "Outstanding" product viability rating by Gartner in its "Critical Capabilities for Mobile BI" report, published April 10, 2012.
According to Gartner, "Mobile business intelligence is growing fast in the corporate landscape, with many companies piloting or planning deployment initiatives. This research will help BI leaders understand the disparate capabilities available in the market and facilitate the selection of a mobile BI solution."
Gartner describes product viability as their assessment of a vendor's strategy and a vendor's ability to enhance and support a product throughout its expected life cycle. Four major areas are considered in this assessment: strategy, support, execution and investment. A copy of the Gartner report is available, compliments of MicroStrategy, at http://www.microstrategy.com/mobile/analyst-reviews.
Leading Analyst and Media Recognition Highlight MicroStrategy's Leadership in Mobile IntelligenceOver the past six months, industry experts have reviewed MicroStrategy Mobile and reached the same conclusion: MicroStrategy is the number one Mobile BI solution available in the market today.
- Howard Dresner Mobile BI Market Survey 2011. MicroStrategy ranked #1 based on mobile platform support, platform integration and numbers of supported BI features in an in-depth and independent market survey.
- BARC BI Survey 10. MicroStrategy Mobile ranked #1 in terms of mobile usage compared to its enterprise peers, a reflection of how successful MicroStrategy's customers have been implementing MicroStrategy-powered mobile apps into their businesses. This survey analyzed why real-world organizations select BI products, how they use them, and with what degree of success. As in years past, MicroStrategy scored ahead of its peers in a significant number of KPIs on this survey-based report (with 3,000 plus respondents). In the survey, BARC's founder and CEO Dr. Carsten Bange specifically highlighted that "Mobile is a clear example of MicroStrategy's innovation and tendency to be on the forefront of offering new BI functionality based on leading-edge technologies."
- Techaccess, powered by GSMI. MicroStrategy Mobile was showcased in "Ten of the Best Mobile Enterprise Apps." According to author Nicholas Greene, "They're pretty much the top business intelligence solution in the world, providing customers with a full platform for analysis and business metrics, and they're doing a damned fine job of it."
- NetworkWorld. MicroStrategy Mobile was included as one of the "20 iPad Apps Every CIO Should Want." According to the author, Brad Reed, MicroStrategy Mobile "...comes with all the usual fixings, including access to business reports, KPIs, documents and dashboards...giving users the ability to use multi-touch when editing graphs, charts, maps and other key visual aids."
- Prominent Media Coverage. MicroStrategy's achievements in Mobile applications have received notable media attention from The Washington Post, Financial Times, MacWorld, and others. A recent Sprint television ad, prominently featuring MicroStrategy's platform for mobile apps, has appeared on major network and cable television channels. To see the ad, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ0MyGI0kQc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV