SAN DIEGO, May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CareFusion Corp. (NYSE: CFN) announced today that its MaxPlus® Clear needleless connector has achieved market-leading status as the top-selling stand-alone connector in the U.S. market.(1) As the market leader, MaxPlus® Clear promotes and enhances clinical best practices and may help minimize microbial contamination and catheter occlusion.
"MaxPlus® Clear is a patented and innovative needleless connector that utilizes pioneering technology and unique design that meets our customers' needs," said James M. Paloyan, Vice President and General Manager of Infusion Specialty Disposables, CareFusion. "We are excited that clinicians recognize MaxPlus® Clear as a device that can help them deliver quality care."
There are several features that differentiate the MaxPlus® Clear connector:
- MaxPlus® Clear features a flat, smooth access port that helps to optimize the disinfection process. As a result, the surface can be effectively swabbed in three seconds. Proper disinfection decreases microbial contamination and the opportunity for microbes to enter the fluid path.
- The patented positive displacement feature of the MaxPlus® Clear prevents reflux of blood back into the lumen of the catheter upon disconnection of the male luer. This clears the catheter and locks it against retrograde blood, which may help reduce the risk of occlusions due to reflux.
- The clear housing also allows for visualization of entire fluid path. Clinicians can quickly assess if there is blood or debris remaining in the connector and adjust their flushing technique, helping to promote a more thorough flush and supporting clinicians' adherence to the Infusion Nurses Society 2011 Standards of Practice.(2)
- Additionally, the dual seal design of the MaxPlus® Clear helps maintain a tight seal when the connector is not accessed, maintaining the integrity of the seal, which helps to reduce the potential of microbial ingress.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV