Dow Today: Coca-Cola (KO) Leads The Day Higher, Caterpillar (CAT) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) closed down 62.0 points (-0.5%) at 13,206. During the day, 562.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 739.1 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio closed at 900 issues advancing vs. 2,094 declining with 122 unchanged. The Dow component that led the way higher today was Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), which sported a 28-cent gain (+0.4%) bringing the stock to $77.44. Volume for Coca-Cola ended the day at 7.7 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of eight million shares. Coca-Cola has a market cap of $173.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. Shares are up 10.3% year to date as of Wednesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.7%. The Coca-Cola Company, a beverage company, engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of nonalcoholic beverages worldwide. The company primarily offers sparkling beverages and still beverages. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.5, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Coca-Cola as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Coca-Cola Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV