NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Facebook, which is gearing up for the biggest ever tech IPO, could raise as much as $13.6 billion from its offering, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday.
The social networking giant amended its S-1 filing, detailing an anticipated price range of $28 to $35 per share.
|Facebook amended its S-1 filing with the SEC on Thursday.|
Facebook estimates that the net proceeds from the sale of its common stock will be approximately $5.67 billion, assuming an IPO price of $31.50 per share, which is the midpoint of its price range, and the sale of roughly 180 million shares.
The Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm did not reveal the date of its offering in the amended S-1, although the IPO is expected to take place in mid-May.The $13.6 billion in potential proceeds represents the maximum proposed size of the offering, which would reflect the sale of 388 million shares at $35 each. Facebook will have 2.14 billion total Class A and Class B shares outstanding after the IPO, according to the document. At $35 a share this would give Facebook a total valuation of $74.83 billion, below the $100 billion mark rumored in recent weeks. By way of comparison, HP (HPQ) has a market cap of $48.41 billion, while Google (GOOG) and IBM (IBM) and have market caps of $199.2 billion and $239.05 billion, respectively. Apple's (AAPL) market cap is $544.04 billion. Previously, the largest tech IPO was Google's $1.7 billion offering in 2004. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV