Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BAGL), a leader in the quick-casual segment of the restaurant industry operating under the Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels®, and Manhattan Bagel® brands, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended April 3, 2012.
In a separate press release also issued today, the Company announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a review of strategic alternatives available to the Company, including a possible business combination or sale of the Company, to maximize value for all stockholders.
Highlights for the First Quarter 2012 Compared to the First Quarter 2011:
- Total revenues increased 3.6% to $104.9 million from $101.2 million as Company-owned restaurant sales increased 4.1%.
- System-wide comparable store sales increased 1.1%, the fourth consecutive quarter of positive comparable store sales.
- Net income of $3.2 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, which included $0.02 per diluted share for restructuring expenses, compared to $1.2 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, which included $0.01 per diluted share for restructuring expenses.
- Reduced outstanding indebtedness by $1.9 million since January 3, 2012 to $72.3 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 49% to $11.5 million from $7.8 million. (*)
Jeff O’Neill, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We experienced a very strong start to 2012 with positive comparable store sales and significant growth in adjusted EBITDA and net earnings. Our new smart choices menu and expanded specialty beverage platform is helping to facilitate top-line momentum, while we substantially improved gross margins through our ongoing cost efficiency program and sales leverage. We are also capitalizing on greater catering sales, which experienced 19% growth during the period and will remain an important contributor to raising our average check on a go-forward basis. By successfully executing on our various sales growth and cost efficiency efforts, we think this should be a very exciting year for Einstein Noah.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV