- Debt decreased $4.4 million during the quarter to $292.1 million, with the Company’s funded debt (notes payable) to equity ratio decreasing from 0.89 to 1 at December 31, 2011 to 0.85 to 1 at March 31, 2012. As of March 31, 2012, the Company had capacity to borrow an additional $162.9 million under its lines of credit.
- Dividend rate increased 2% to $0.235 per share for the first quarter 2012 compared to the first quarter 2011. On an annualized basis, this dividend represents a 3.2% yield on the May 2, 2012 close price of $29.28.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 7% to $37.0 million for the first quarter of 2012. At March 31, 2012, the Company’s ratio of funded debt to the last twelve months actual Adjusted EBITDA was 1.78 to 1 compared to 1.84 to 1 at December 31, 2011. Adjusted EBITDA is defined as net income before interest expense, provision for income taxes, depreciation, amortization and other non-cash stock-based compensation. A reconciliation of net income to Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA to net cash provided by operating activities can be found at the end of this release.
You should read this press release in conjunction with the financial statements and notes thereto included in the Company’s latest Forms 10-K and 10-Q and other SEC filings. You can visit the Company’s web site at www.mgrc.com to access information on McGrath RentCorp, including the latest Forms 10-K and 10-Q and other SEC filings.
The Company reconfirms its expectation that its 2012 full-year earnings per share will be in a range of $2.02 to $2.12 per diluted share. Such a forward-looking statement reflects McGrath RentCorp’s expectations as of May 3, 2012. Actual 2012 full-year earnings per share results may be materially different than the Company’s expectations since they are affected by many factors, including those factors outlined in the “forward-looking statements” paragraph at the end of this press release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV