Our investment in quality, original programming and our commitment to stay on brand is clearly delivering a return and creating value for our shareholders. We've introduced more new series, specials and episodes of breakout hits across all of our networks and the results have been outstanding. Let's review how we're performing by content category, starting with food.
We just delivered the highest rated quarter in Food Network's history with prime time viewing, among adults 25-54, up a very solid 13%. Food ranked ninth among all ad-supported cable networks in the demo and better yet, it ranked fifth for attracting women viewers in the same age group.
Fan favorites like Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Chopped, Iron Chef America, Restaurant Impossible, proved their enduring popularity and some of our newer shows performed equally as well, if not better. We are off to a very good start in January with the success of Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cookoff, followed by the third successful season of Worst Cooks in America, and we think we found another breakout hit with the Restaurant Stakeout featuring New York Restaurateur Willie Degel.
Now Willie's a no-nonsense and a bit unorthodox approach to fixing troubled restaurants is really proving to make some good and fascinating television. Trust me, he is no wallflower, but it's a great show, I hope you get a chance to check it out. Restaurant Stakeout.The second quarter at Food Network promises to be just as a strong as the first. In fact, we finished our best April ever. We're already having great success with Chopped All-Stars on Sunday nights and just a few weeks, Food Network Star returns, this time with a surprising new twist, you'll have to tune in to find out what it is. All are powerful programming franchises that stand up very well in the face of some pretty intense competition.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV